CTERA Agent includes a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook that enables you to send email attachments as public links to files on your portal Cloud Drive. The plug-in syncs attached files to the portal Cloud Drive and inserts public links to the files into the email body.
The plug-in enables you to:
- Send attachments as public links.
- Convert attachments to public links after you attach the files.
- Control the following through the plug-in settings:
- Whether to automatically send all attachments as public links, send any attachments over a certain size as public links, or never automatically send attachments as public links.
- Whether to be asked if you want to send each attachment as a public link.
- The expiration period for the public links.
When you send email attachments as public links:
- You can send large file as links, including those that are larger than the limit that may be imposed by your Microsoft Exchange Server.
- You maintain less Exchange Server storage.
- You can delete or edit files after sending them.
- The files are never sent in a non-encrypted format.
When the email recipient receives the attachment, the recipient clicks the link to view the shared files.
A Cloud Drive user can also revoke access to the attachments after they are sent.
To disable the plugin from an agent:
- In the CTERA Agent Settings window, go to Advanced > Desktop Integration.
- Uncheck Enable Outlook Addin.
- Click Save.