- 07 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
CTERA Edge Filer (Gateway) how-tos
- Updated on 07 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
CTERA Edge Filers (Gateways) seamlessly combine collaboration capabilities, local storage, cloud storage, and data protection functionality in a single, cost-effective package.
Gateways are available both as software-based virtual gateways in a virtual environment and as H-Series and X-Series gateways, which are virtual gateways running under a VMware ESXI hypervisor on a physical server.
All gateways enable you to do the following, dependent on the license:
- Share files across your network
- Synchronize folders across your network and the cloud, including keeping the main storage on the cloud with stubs saved on the gateway.
- A stub is a file with a tiny footprint that contains the metadata about the file, such as the file name, size, and modification date. Only the folder and file metadata and not the actual file content is saved locally.
- Back up files online, securely and automatically
- Restore multiple file versions
- Access backed-up files from anywhere, using a web browser
Using the storage gateway, connected to a CTERA Portal, data is synchronized between your computer and the cloud storage gateway drives, then transparently saved to a portal in the cloud.
This section includes how-to articles for CTERA Edge Filers (Gateways).
- Change the HPE iLO Password for an HC400 or HC1200 Gateway
- Connect an Edge Filer (Gateway) to a Portal over TCP 443
- Enable SMB Version 1
- H Series: Update the CTERA Edge Filer ESXI Version
- HC400 and HC1200: Create an Active Health System (AHS) Report
- HC400 and HC1200: Create an Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) Report
- Identify Open Files and Forcibly Close Them
- Mount a Local Share
- Mount a Remote Share Using WebDAV
- Use the Gateway Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Versions before 7.x: Back Up .bak, .tmp and Other Files Not Backed Up By Default