- 21 Aug 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Swivel AuthControl Sentry
- Updated on 21 Aug 2023
- 1 Minute to read
You set up SAML single sign-on support in Swivel AuthControl Sentry and gather the information you need to connect the CTERA Portal to Swivel AuthControl Sentry.
Before you start, get a CTERA logo image from CTERA, to identify the CTERA Portal SSO application.
To get the SAML single sign-on information:
- Login to Swivel AuthControl Sentry as the account administrator.
- Select Keys from the navigation menu.
The Keys screen is displayed.
- Click Download next to the Cert type.
- Save the certificate as you will need to upload it to CTERA Portal in the procedure in described in Defining SAML Single Sign-on in a CTERA Portal.
- Select Application Images from the navigation menu.
- Click Upload New Image.
- Upload the CTERA logo image, that you received from CTERA.
- Select Applications from the navigation menu and then click Add Application.
The Application Types screen is displayed.
- Select SAML - other.
The SAML Application screen is displayed.
- Enter the following:
Name – An name to identify the application. CTERA recommends a name such as CTERA.
Image – A graphic to identify the application. CTERA recommends using the ctera logo image that you uploaded:
Points – The score the user needs from the authentication method in order to successfully authenticate to this application. The default is zero. If you set a value, you have to specify how the authentication methods that ill be applied. For details, refer to Swivel AuthControl Sentry documentation.
Portal URL – The URL to access the portal:
http://<portal_name>.<DNS_Suffix>/ServicesPortal/samlSsowhere <portal_name> is the name of the portal, and <DNS_Suffix> is the DNS suffix for the CTERA Portal installation.
Endpoint URL – Leave this field empty.
Entity ID – Free text string that uniquely identifies your SAML identity provider. This must match the Entity ID/Issuer ID value you use when setting up SAML in the portal, in the procedure To configure SAML single sign-on, described in Defining SAML Single Sign-on in a CTERA Portal. The format is similar to the following example:
Federated Id – The field used to identify the user attempting to log on to the portal. Enter email.
Idp-Initiated SSO – Choose the SP-initiated option.
- Click Save.
To verify that SSO has been set up in Swivel AuthControl Sentry:
- As an administrator, access the AuthControl Sentry start page.
The CTERA application should be displayed.