When Microsoft Exchange is backed up using CTERA, restoring an individual folder for an individual user is not possible directly. CTERA recommends using the Kernel Exchange Suite to restore individual items from the CTERA backup.
In addition to restoring files from a CTERA backup, the Kernel Exchange Suite provides the following functionality:
- Deleted mailbox recovery from corrupt EDB, OST and PST files
- Restores EDB to live Exchange, Office 365, and PST file
- Extracts Exchange database from NT Backup, VERITAS backup files, and restores them
- Easy mailboxes migration from one Exchange version (online) to another
- Preview full mailbox content before migration
You can download a trial version or purchase the full version from https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/fullverexetext/EDBReExchRep.php.